process is basically the same as guardianship. A petition is filed
by the petitioning attorney and a Guardian et Litem and court visitor
the process is complete it is the responsibility of the Conservator
1. Locate and manage the Conservatee’s finances.
2. Assure the Conservatee’s bills are paid.
3. Investing monies with the best interest of the client.
4. Assure property, both personal and real, are safe.
5. Ensure Conservatee is receiving all the income and benefits
they are entitled to.
6. File taxes in a timely manner.
There are many reasons why a conservator is needed. For example,
the Conservatee may not be able to keep track of his or her own
money, or may not remember to pay bills. He or she may be giving
away large sums of money to strangers or spending large amounts
of money on sweepstakes or lotteries. He or she may need help
conservator is expected to act wisely and for the good of the
person who needs assistance.